PG-13 Pasta Night
March 25th, 2019
This week, we take on Spaghetti Puttanesca. It’s a complex briny olivy tomato sauce to help you justify eating mouthfuls of pasta! Don’t fear the Anchovies! It’s inspired by a New York Times Recipe and we jazz it up with some pasta water for good measure. We also talk The OA, Costco Lobster Claws Bigger Than Your Head, Kitchen Gadgets and Popeyes Banana Pudding. Our Buzzfeed Quiz is We Can Guess Your Exact Zodiac Sign From Your Taco Bell Order
We also get emails about Stranger Things Festivities and Heroes… the sandwiches… not the X-Men. Listen to episode #044 to be entertained in the kitchen, your commute or wherever you listen to podcasts!
Links To Original Recipes
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 or more cloves garlic, lightly smashed and peeled
- 3 or more anchovy fillets
- 1 28-ounce can whole plum tomatoes
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup pitted black olives, preferably oil-cured
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 pound linguine or other long pasta
- Chopped fresh parsley, oregano, marjoram or basil leaves for garnish, optional
- Thin Out Sauce With Pasta Water and do not let pasta sit in colliander (it should go directly into sauce)
- Lemon Zest
- Caramelized Onions
- Optional: Think out with white wine
- Optional: Add white wine, cook white fish / shellfish (dab of butter for good measure)
for 2 "Waffles"
- 50-60 Tots Divided
- 1/3 Cup Onion diced
- 1/3 Cup Green Pepper diced
- 3 Slices of Corned Beef
- sliced fat from leftover corned beef (optional)
- 1/8 Cup cooking liquid (optional)
- Olive Oil for cooking
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Parsley
We Made a Thing!
Check out the first few minutes of ID10T of Ron Perlman #4! Chris mentions our podcast submission for Food and Fury for the Community Corkboard!
Help Support The Show
If you like what we are doing here and you enjoy the shows then we hope you will consider supporting the Food and Fury Patreon. A few dollars a month will help us produce the show more than you realize. It goes towards hosting our show, our site, recipe changes and so much more! We appreciate your help in allowing us to provide the best shows and dishes that we know how!
If a monthly pledge isn't something you feel comfortable with , that's fine - there are plenty of other ways to support Food and Fury--help spread the word about the show to your friends, your family, you co-workers. You can send questions in or participate in the Food and Fury community however you can-we appreciate all the things that you amazing people do and we will keep putting out cool stuff for you guys
If you choose to, you can log into Patreon and choose to donate a certain amount of money. This amount is donated once per month. You can use PayPal or a credit card. We appreciate your support!
Send in your voicemails, emails, tweets and iTunes reviews and we’ll try to use them in our show!