The Eggplant & Pesto Sandwich
The Pesto's Yet To Come!
#040: The Pesto’s Yet To Come
Valentine’s Day Eggplant & Pesto Sandwich
February 11th, 2019
This week Sara and I are in for our version of a delicious valentine’s inspired perfect meal… The Eggplant & Pesto Sandwich with Sun Dried Tomatoes. It’s that perfect balance between crunchy, soft, sweet, garlicky, salty, cheesy amazingness that is perfect for a stay at home Valentine’s Day Dinner! Sara temporarily brings in a second dog, Michael and his wife tell the kids about the new baby, Michael’s maturity level shines through, Japan has drinkable chips, fudgie the whale goes mini, a molecular coffeeless coffee is currently a kickstarter, and of course a Buzzfeed Quiz where we Plan A Valentine's Dinner And We’ll Tell You Which Marvel Superhero Is Your Soulmate.
We also answer a question about an important dessert for popping the question. Listen to episode #040 to be entertained in the kitchen, your commute or wherever you listen to podcasts!
You can always find links to everything on our website at www.foodandfury.com
Don't forget to call our hotline at 707-836-3879 (FURY)
- Michael’s Eggplant Pesto Sandwich Google Drive
- 1 Medium Eggplant Washed
- 2 Eggs Beaten (seasoned with salt and pepper)
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (seasoned with salt and pepper)
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs (seasoned with Salt and Pepper)
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 small or ½ large garlic clove
- ¼ cup shredded (packed down) parmigiano cheese
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup basil (stems removed)
- 1 Tbsp Walnuts
Sandwich & Misc Ingredients
- 16-20 small slices of sun dried tomatoes
- small jar sliced sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 2 Pita Breads
- 4 Slices of Muenster Cheese (⅛ lb)
- ⅛ of Red Onion sliced super thin - slices placed in bowl of water in fridge until ready to use (removes some of pungent flavor)
- Microplane Grater
- Dutch Oven
- Candy Thermometer
- Wire Rack / Baking Sheet
- Panini Press or Frying Pan with 2nd smaller heavy frying pan for weight
- Food Processor (Small prep FP if making smaller amount of pesto)
We Made a Thing!
Check out the first few minutes of ID10T of Ron Perlman #4! Chris mentions our podcast submission for Food and Fury for the Community Corkboard!
Help Support The Show
If you like what we are doing here and you enjoy the shows then we hope you will consider supporting the Food and Fury Patreon. A few dollars a month will help us produce the show more than you realize. It goes towards hosting our show, our site, recipe changes and so much more! We appreciate your help in allowing us to provide the best shows and dishes that we know how!
If a monthly pledge isn't something you feel comfortable with , that's fine - there are plenty of other ways to support Food and Fury--help spread the word about the show to your friends, your family, you co-workers. You can send questions in or participate in the Food and Fury community however you can-we appreciate all the things that you amazing people do and we will keep putting out cool stuff for you guys
If you choose to, you can log into Patreon and choose to donate a certain amount of money. This amount is donated once per month. You can use PayPal or a credit card. We appreciate your support!
Send in your voicemails, emails, tweets and iTunes reviews and we’ll try to use them in our show!